Over the weekend, several of us got together and ran in the St. Jude's Marathon weekend. Adam and I ran in the 5k Race and everyone else ran the half marathon. We had such a great time, and I was inspired in more ways than one! We got there Friday and walked around downtown Memphis looking for a great place to eat. The group of people we were with, wanted to load up on CARBS before their big race. I could have cared less! I wanted to eat ribs, BBQ, fried fish, etc. whatever I could get my hands on because I was STARVING!! We ran across this restaurant that was having race specials, and it looked pretty good from the front. But as we walked in we were abruptly hit in the face with this ridiculous smell! No one said anything about the smell until afterwards. We all ordered the Pasta Special, and I was a little concerned with this idea because written in the description of the dish they listed "dark chicken broth!" OK, really!! I know that you use chicken broth in a lot of things, but do you really have to list it, as if "dark chicken broth" is an exquisite ingredient!! Well what we got was an over advertised plate of chicken and noodle soup with olives! It was awful, and the smell that hit us in the face when we walked in, happened to be something in this pasta special.
After we left we made a pit stop at a local convenient store and splurged on snickers, granola bars, and whatever we could find that would get the awful taste out of our mouth! One good thing, is I believe it did give us plenty of energy the next day at the race!!
 |
| 6:30 am Meeting up for our group pic with Wiley, then the 5k! |
 |
| My bro-in-law and sis, my motivators! |
 |
| Adam and I before our 5k. |
 |
| Wiley and his team! |
 |
| Wish I would have dressed like Captain America, because it would have been warmer! |
 |
| If all these people can run a half marathon, so can I!! MOTIVATION!! |
 |
| Finishing the half: after 2 and half hours or less! |
 |
| Big Rob: No! He isn't worn out! |
 |
| My Crazy family! and YES Big Rob's shirt is soaking wet! |
 |
| Our inspiration, Wiley King! |
Now home and the St. Jude's Marathon over, I am inspired to train for a half marathon! Yes, I know I swore I would never run a half marathon, but I always eat my words! I need some running buddies to keep me motivated and make me run when I want to quit! Any takers? Hopefully I will be ready to run the Little Rock Half Marathon in March!! Wish me luck!
Until Next Time,
Averie
PS. We are redoing our floor, before and after pics to come!
By the way, from time to time I do misspell words. Please overlook my mistakes!! (Chrisanna and Robert!)
No comments:
Post a Comment