Tuesday, August 14, 2012

A Mothers Truth.....

I can honestly say I have been thinking about writing this post for a good while now, and am finally sitting down to put it together........Here are my thoughts.

There comes a time in a mother's life, where you stop dead in your tracks and say "LOOK at me! I look like a bum!" I had this moment a few weeks ago. You get use to going through the routine, especially with two under the age of 2!! You lay in bed till one starts crying, get up go fix the bottle, all the while never taking off your pajamas.  Then a few minutes later the next child rises, and wants MILK and MICKEY MOUSE! and you still don't take off your pajamas. You are lucky if you remember to brush your teeth or wash your face.  Then after a morning full of tending to children, which includes cleaning up toys, changing diapers, fixing breakfast, etc..(the list could go on and on). It's time for lunch!! and guess what you might have managed to put a few necessities on but you still have on your pajamas. 

THIS WAS ME...and still is most of the time. But I had an epiphany!!! If I don't take care of myself, then who will?! It never was a priority to get my hair done, and I had managed to have 1 pedicure in my lifetime.  I know, I know!! Am I entitled to these things just because I'm a mother? NO! But it is necessary to keep your sanity.  I was putting everybody elses' needs in front of my own, and that is why I kept my pajamas on all day long :O( 

I want to be that beautiful women described in Proverbs 31. I want to be that wife of noble character, but first I have to manage my life so that I can ultimately be that mother and wife. 

With all this epiphany going on I also felt further and further away from God.  I have not managed my personal time with God like I should have. Because as parents you are the one who misses out on those Sunday or Wednesday night sermons, because you are in the nursery.  Don't get me wrong, I LOVE My boys, but have realized it's my own fault that I have drifted and for lack of better explanation, (stayed in my pajamas for the past 2 years).

Mothers, make yourself a priority! You need it! and  make your ONE-on-ONE time with God a priority DAILY!!!!!! God has never left my side, but I have ventured away from his because I was too sidetracked with my children to give him the time he deserves. Our children will remember our relationships with them, but will also remember how we handled our relationship with God! Don't put it on the back burner, and always get up and put your clothes on for the day!!!

Until Next Time,
Averie

No comments:

Post a Comment