2007

2008

- Married Nov.4, 2006
- Got a job with a so called non-profit organization, and later found out my boss was a molester and crook....(he is in prison now!) Long story.....But let's just say I am naive and gullable if anybody tells me they are a christian preacher..
- Went back to school
- My first teaching job in Pine Bluff...(SCAREY!!)
- Second teaching job at a Charter school close to our home....(Naive again....Principal is now being investigated for embezzlement.....He told me he was a preacher too, but I was always suspicious of his WEIRD beliefs)
- Ended my job at the charter school
- Ross arrives
WOW...that does now seem like a lot of happenings, but it seems like years too me!! I guess through out our lives we experience so much, but never sit down and recall how we got to this point. We are normally so busy we don't even realize what special memories have passed us by that we will never remember...Because WE ARE TOO BUSY!! .....I say all of this because I have been really convicted lately. On Sunday, I always promise God "This week I am going to study my Bible and do my devotion every day!" and then when the week starts, I am too busy and forget my promise....Wow, how easy it is for me to sit down and type a new blog post but I can't sit down and read God's Word!! I'm feeling guilty right now.....I don't know if anyone who reads this has the same problem but know that most people including me always have the same excuse, I didn't have time!! Well, I am going to make time for the one person who gave his son, Jesus, to be brutally beaten and crucified for ME....It is so hard to imagine that He was thinking of me when he was being nailed to that cross, in pain and suffering for my selfish sins!! Isn't it AMAZING....
This post started as something totally different, but my mind was wondering!! I prayed that God would convict my heart to remind me to study my Bible...and I guess he is convicting me through this post....
For those of you who love Francine Rivers, they are making a movie based on Redeeming Love, and I can't wait!!
Last night I put Ross to bed and caught him smiling and laughing at me as I was trying to go to sleep. I picked him up and Adam and I put him between us in the bed and played with him until he got tired... I took the picture below and believe it is my favorite picture .......It is so sweet to see how Ross looks at his Daddy and just smiles!! If I am ever having a bad day or am really tired in the early mornings, his little smile makes my day so much better!!

until next time,
Averie
It is weird that you would post this because I have been thinking about this same thing lately! I have got to slow down....I am the first person to volunteer and then go until I drop. My goal for this summer is to slow down, enjoy my family, and spend more time in devotion. And, yes, I am so excited about the new Francine Rivers movie!!
ReplyDelete