"Why don't we do that with our Spiritual lives as well?"
I looked at the pile of clothes on my floor and couldn't help but think "What a waste!" These things have been taking up so much space in my closet, No wonder I couldn't fit anything else in. And not to mention I would have to search and search for enough hangers to hang up our clean clothes and if I didn't have enough I would just by more at Wal-Mart!!
Isn't that so much like our lives. We fill our lives with so many useless things that just hang in our "Spiritual Closet" taking up space and using up our hangers.And when we run out of hangers we go buy even more.
I consider the hangers in my spiritual closet to be the 'spiritual gifts' that God has given me to use, but I allow wasteful things to hang on them and cover them up. They get pushed back into the back of the closet, and I never see them. But today I did!!!
I bagged all the clothing up and was left with a huge hanger catastrophe. But Guess what, with a little time and effort I gathered them all up and organized them to use again on clothes that I will wear.
Just like me gathering up the hangers, when we clean out our 'spritual closets' normally we are left with uncertainty of what to do with the mess. Guess what? God know exactly what to do with your mess of empty hangers!! Seek Him and he will help you gather each hanger and use it for something that will bring him Glory!
Have you Spring Cleaned your 'spiritual closet' lately?? Why not today? God's waiting!
Until Next Time,
Averie

No comments:
Post a Comment