Thursday, September 22, 2011

Patience Part II

Well the last few days have been long to say the least. I guess I had convinced myself that I was having this baby early, and was waiting on any minute for my water to break and the excitement to begin. But God's timing is not always our timing!! So  I am still sitting here waiting on that instant twinge of pain when I can call Adam and say "It's Time!" (I've really been wanting to use that line, so here is hoping!) If I'm still sitting here Monday night waiting, we are scheduled to be induced Tuesday morning. I have to say I would prefer this method because I can have all my ducks in a row, and my Mother will be able to be here during the whole process, but honestly I am a little nervous! Guess that is expected.....

As I sit here and wait I have been thinking about Job in the Bible. I know "Why Job?" Well, for one reason I am on a mission to read through the whole Bible and this is the place I stopped at last night.  Let me say that I do realize how much pain and suffering Job went through during his I guess you could call "trial" by the devil. But my word wouldn't you think his friends would get the hint after 10 chapters!! I told Adam last night that it was ridiculous how much Job's friends like to argue! Could they not get the hint, that all he needed was their sympathy for the moment, not their constant questioning and ridicule? At first the book of Job was a little confusing to me because I couldn't understand what Job's  friends were trying to tell him through all their talking.......But with a little help from commentary and honestly "prayer" I could see the true picture of what his friends  thought of him.  Poor Man! Don't we all wish we had the "patience" of Job!

So if Job can wait and focus on God during his trials and constant nagging of friends, I am not going to complain anymore about my little impatient attitude!


Maybe not a good comparison, but Job was just on my mind! :O)


Until Next Time,
Averie

No comments:

Post a Comment