Friday, April 16, 2010

HERE'S YOUR SIGN!!

Ok! We got up this morning and Ross's tongue was white. When he ate he acted like it was really sore, so I knew that he must have thrush. I called the doctor and left a message with his nurse. When I hadn't heard from the nurse I called again and left another message. By this time, I was really starting to fume! I know most Mom's will be able to symphathize with me because you will learn that when you are freaking out about an issue with your child, the doctor's office seems to move in slow motion! Eventually they call you back, but by then you have had a nervous breakdown trying to figure out what you need to do because they haven't called.. So, four hours later...The nurse calls and tells me to get an over the counter medicine called Gentian Violet! She warns me that this medicine will stain everything it touches "purple!" Well I am thinking I will have to get Ross in some old clothes and wear gloves because I don't want to have purple hands and don't want him to ruin his clothes. Well, I thanked her for calling and saved her number in my phone ....hahah, I hope it is her cell phone number so now I have a direct line to her and don't have to wait! :O) Well, we venture to Wal-Mart and buy this miracle drug.


I will tell you that she said this medicine is what the docs go to first before prescribing anything...She said it says not to ingest but it is ok, b/c people have been using it for years!! So for future reference if your baby gets thrush you will know what meds to use!
We get home and we both changed into clothes we didn't mind ruining, I put on a glove and wrap us both up in an old towel! I swabbed his mouth and realized....OH MY GOSH....His mouth is purple! I mean REALLY PURPLE, and it won't wipe off...It's running down his chin and his neck, staining as it flows!!

This picture is priceless. Ross is thinking, "Seriously Mom! Do you know how ridiculous I look? The white tongue was so much better!"





I completely overlooked the fact that if this medicine will stain lanolium floor purple, it will really stain your face and mouth! HERE IS MY ARGUMENT....Why do they make this medicine bright purple?? How stupid to make a medicine this color when it is used orally!!! Couldn't it have been clear?? I'm just saying.......
Well, I got pictures so that I can embaress Ross when he gets older!!
Anyway, thought this was to priceless to post! We have been really busy around here. Adam and the guys are working hard to get the crop in. Mrs. Denise and I are keeping each other company on these long days! Maybe we can get a little rain so the guys can rest and Ross and I can see Adam.

For interested Mom's: to treat thrush
Gentian violet asked the pharmacy
swab inside of mouth twice a day for three days ONLY
Remember it stains everything, even your mouth! :O)




until next time,
Averie




1 comment:

  1. Funny post!! ehehehee the purple mouth is SO cute..can't believe it took her FOUR hours to call you back...she usually calls back with in the same hour..she must have been crazy busy! Next time tell them she told you they could page her...I have done that before...AND it works! LOL We need to get together....my days are LONG!!!

    ReplyDelete