Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Sweet tooth

Well, since Ross was born I have been trying to get back into my old clothes. So I jumped back on the Weight Watcher band wagon. Believe me Weight Watchers works it's just hard trying to get back in the swing of things. While pregnant I would always eat a dessert after every meal. Well, old habits are hard to break! So I have found a replacement for all of those chocolate binges, AKA Angel Food Cake! I might be crazy but found that one slice of angel food cake is only two points....I am not sure how big the slice is supposed to be but I tell myself that the slice I cut is worth two points even though it probably qualifies as three slices! :O) So Adam asked "What's the deal with angel food cake?" I told him it's my guilt free weight watcher dessert...But did I tell you that I add strawberries and COOL WHIP for a GRAND TOTAL of 6 weight watcher points!! I have found that Cool whip is my replacement for ice cream...I can actually say I am addicted to strawberry shortcake!! I have to have one every day....I was worried that I was calculating the weight watcher points wrong and I was going to gain a bunch of weight but I keep losing so I'm gonna keep this dessert on the daily menu.....Guess it's better than a fat piece of chocolate cake!!

My new best friend..

Feel free to give me some weight watcher recipes....





Ross and I are getting pretty lonely these days. Farming is in full swing and Adam doesn't get home until 9:00 or 9:30 most nights. So it makes for a long day...My sister has been on me about starting to run so we can run a race together. I've never been a big runner, but I know there are major benefits such as losing this baby weight! I can stay on the elliptical all day long, but when I get on that treadmill and boost the speed up I feel like a dead weight! I am trying to add running to my work out a few minutes at a time so I can eventually build up my endurance. I guess if you run for so long you normally get over the breathy tired part and get into a rhythm. I don't know ...I'm just going to keep trying and my goal is to run a 5K in the near (late) future!!



PS...Any suggestions for good running music I can download??



until next time,



Averie

2 comments:

  1. I started "trying" to run a while back to get rid of some (nonbaby--no good excuse for me, lol) weight. I used the couch to 5k program and it really did work. It broke it down, made it easier and built up my endurance little by little. Unfortunately I didn't stick with it, so now I'm back on the eliptical too. I am blaming solely on bad knees and flat feet. Anyway, there is a podcast you can download with different music that tells you when to walk and run at (excuse the fowl name, I promise it's not a bad site) kissmyblackass.org. It is good to use and makes the training so much easier!

    Good luck with the weight watchers and running!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I dug out my old work out video i was loyal too a LONG time ago! ;o) I hope I can do it and make a good habit and LOSE 15 pounds...I am thinking my weight can no longer be classified as baby weight now that Luke is almost 15 months old!!! ;o) Your strawberry shortcake looks YUMMMMMMMM! I need to make some angel food to cure my sugar tooth..!

    ReplyDelete