Friday, August 6, 2010

Did I do That??

I spent the last two weeks traveling around with my little man  " Ross" visiting family.  The first leg of our trip put us in Summerfield, LA. My parents are living in their camper as they get their land ready and begin building their house.  We had a great time, even though we were crammed in their camper for two nights.  Speaking of crammed, if you have ever camped you understand the problem that comes with taking a bath or shower.  Well since Mom and Dad's camper only had a shower, we had to figure out how to give Ross a bath. Well Mom suggested the sink!! So we CRAMMED Ross in the tiny camper sink and he LOVED it!! It was just his size, but am sure next time he won't fit.  
We were able to visit the other set of Brown's and take some memorable pictures of Ross and his Great-Grandparents. If you don't know us you wouldn't know that Adam and I shared the same last name. NO we are not related, but Ross is going to be pretty confused when he learns that all of his grandparents will be known as Grandma Brown and Grandpa Brown... I can here it now "MOM, which one are you talking about?" So we are trying to figure out names that will not confuse our future children as much! :O)  Guess we will have to start numbering them!

Our next stop was Mississippi! We spent several days with my sister and her family. We had a great time! Ross was so entertained by the three boys, if he only could run around with them! Just kidding, I think I can wait for that moment ....At times it can get pretty wild, and that happens around 6:00 pm every night. So if you want to talk to someone who might be on the verge of a nervous breakdown then call my sister around this time!! :O) We went swimming to try to make the hot days more tolerant, but even the pool was pretty warm! Ross loved the water and relaxing as the cousins swam and entertained!
These trips get hard sometimes, because I enjoy visiting with my family and begin to wish we lived closer! But as they say "Distance makes the heart grown fonder!" 


Since my last blog a lot of things have happened and I think "I need to blog about that" then I forget! But I do remember this particular thing that happened .....A Foot in Mouth Moment.....
I posted this on facebook, but just had to write about it on my blog. Ok, Ross and I went to Wal-Mart when we got back from our mini vacation and we had to do some major grocery shopping. As I was in the baby section getting formula and looking through their baby clothes I noticed this nice young girl with BABY ITEMS in her cart. She watches Ross and I and I begin to think "Oh, she is having a baby and she is admiring Ross because she is due any moment!" The reason I think she is due any moment is because if I were a betting person I would bet that she was pregnant. She had the prego belly I mean it was rather large..Not a sagging belly but purky...You know how pregnant belllies look " Purky!"  And the other reason I figured she was pregnant is because I made a conscious effort to look her over pretty good and noticed her baby clothes in the cart, and I thought " How fun! She is buying baby clothes for her new arrival!" Well Ross and I walked by and she said "How old?" I looked at her and said " 6 months." She said " He is too cute!" Well, I felt bad and knew I had to respond with something so I did.... "When are you expecting?" She says,  " I'm not!" Ohhhh great ...Are you kidding me, I was thinking at this moment "YOU MUST DIG YOURSELF OUT OF THIS HOLE, IMMEDIATELY!!" And how do I respond during this most embarrassing moment....."REALLY??" Yes, that's right! I responded by saying "REALLY?" As if she was lying about being pregnant...I guess I expected her to say, "No I'm just kidding I really am expecting a child I was just pulling your leg!" FOR REAL, what was I thinking....She said " Guess I haven't lost the baby weight from the first baby!" Ohh and I keep talking " How old is your baby?" She says " two years!" I promise I just nodded my head and walked off....Rolling my cart with shame! I'm sure Ross would have kicked me in the mouth if he could reach my face...This wouldn't be such a big deal but this is the second time I have done this and I swore after that conversation with a lady at Larry's Pizza that I would never ask anyone again! But I wanted to be nice..Who knew my nice would turn into utter humiliation for me and I am sure this nice young lady...
After my most embarrassing moment, I was mortified and knew I needed to get the heck out of dodge before I run into this girl again. So Ross and I went and checked out!! As most Mom's know it is hard to load the baby and put up the groceries at the same time, and today was a little different because it was 110 degrees outside and I knew I had to hurry so Ross wouldn't be in the hot car. To top off my trip a VERY NICE LADY who works at Wal-Mart and was gathering carts walks up and says " Let me load those groceries for you, and you stay with the baby!" Oh my goodness, there are nice people left in this world!! I know now that one day when I see a young Mom trying to load groceries and putting baby in the car I will have to do my duty and offer help! The world would be a better place if more people were like the nice lady from Wal-Mart and not like me calling people pregnant who are not pregnant!!

Until Next Time,
averie

No comments:

Post a Comment