Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Ole Trusty

Adam called Saturday morning and wanted me to bring Ross over to take a picture with his old combine.  They are trying to sell it and had someone coming to look at it that afternoon. The farm has had this combine since Adam was a young boy. Adam's parents have a picture of him inside the wheel of this same combine when he was around 2 years old and that was almost 27 years ago.  This past year, the farm retired "Ole Trusty." We had to get pictures of Ross and "Ole Trusty" before it was too late.

Three Generations: Father & Son....Father & Son   

The guys have finally finished cutting rice and we are all so excited and relieved for them to be done. Now, on to cutting beans and getting ready for next year.

"A farmers work is never done."

I have decided to start couponing (if that is a word).  So I got suggestions from friends on some great websites to use...HOLY COW!! Who knew that you had to be a genius to save money using coupons. I'm going to give it a try, but this might take me a while.  I need Coupons for Dummies, and I'm pretty sure they have this book so it might be worth looking into. Wish me luck. 


Last, I thought I would share this recipe that I found. I am debating on when to cook it because I need a bunch of people to come over so there will be none left, and I want feel guilty about waisting such a perfectly good cake and then persuade myself that it's OK to eat the rest of it by myself! Can we say "Death by Chocolate"?



Until Next Time,
Averie

No comments:

Post a Comment